Monday 24 November 2008

Days in Singapore...

This trip to Singapore have four main purposes: A = Attending my daughter wedding; B = Visiting my Singapore relatives; C = Sight Seeing; D = Of course Shopping la!!



|Day One|Actually I am very curious about the local food. Because nearly everyone that from Penang that work in Singapore, describe how horrible is the local food. That night we went to a shopping center called VIVO CITY to explore the food court call FoodRepublic.

The unique design of this food court really catch my eyes, so are the stalls that selling different types of local hawker food.

FRIED HOKKIEN MEE (炒福建面): This is the 1st time I tried. Taste a little like our Penang Indian Mee Goreng. Sour, Sweet & Salty. The leaf that they use to contain the noodles creates a very unique aromas.

JAWA NASI AYAM (something like that): The fried chicken are so tendered. The black color sauce is the prawn sauce that we use to mix up with Asam Laksa. But I was being told by the hawker to mix up with the sambal Chili. Very spicy indeed, but taste very delicious.

YOONG TOU FU : A hakka delight for sure. Nothing much different with Penang YOONG TOU FU, except far much expensive.

MINCE MEAT NOODLE (肉醩面) : A very common local dishes. Very much a like Wan Tan Mee, except they are using a lots of mince pork, some finely cut pig liver, and flavored with some extra black rice vinegar. yum yum!!




|DAY TWO|
Woke up around 10:30a.m.. Decided to take a bus to the food court near my brother's apartment neighborhood. And below are the food that we took for our brunch.HAINAN CHICKEN RICE : Really very much different with Penang style of Hainan Chicken Rice. It's more dry, as it don't come with watery soy sauce. But definitely have it own uniqueness and tastiness. *~thumbs up~*

BRAISED DUCK RICE (滷鴨飯) : served with yam rice, and bean curt. And since yam rice is my favorite rice, so it's definitely can be rated as a tasty dishes.

FIVE SPICES (五香) : deep fried food that you picked. Something like Penang Loh Bak, except they only come with chili sauce.


~Wedding Day~




After having my brunch, we'd took a cab to Apple's wedding. It's a very simple wedding ceremony that held in her new house. Not much guest, but it's truly a very warm wedding.




|DAY THREE|
Last day of the trip in Singapore. Today not much of food exploring, simply enjoying the times catching up with my uncles and his family. Met my uncle 1st time 2 years back, while me and my dad on our way back from China, we'd spend a night in Singapore. His hospitality really shocked me off. Since then, the bond within is getting very much closer then before. It's definitely a gladness to have such a good family relation.FROM LEFT: Uncle Chun, Me, My Great Aunt, My Aunt and My Cousin.
FROM LEFT: Me, Cindy, My Great Aunt, My Aunt, My Cousin and Uncle Chun.

Our bus depart from Singapore at 9:30p.m.. Reach Penang around 6a.m. the next day. (Thanks to Alan that purposely come to pick us up so early morning.)

3 comments:

wick said...

lots of F&B photos... must be putting on weight le...
eat... eat.... & eat....

Marvin said...

wat la... sharing ma... lol.
but talking of the food... yum yum.. wonder why my brother said singapore food cannot go...

We are PPC said...

you make me hungry!!!!!

-sk-